This has led to a significant drive in the development and manufacture of new effective and safe biologics as the pharmaceutical industry is faced with a number of issues with current conjugation methods:
- Instability and increased clearance rates leading to reductions in efficacy
- Inefficient, non-specific conjugation and cross linking leading to reduced response rate
- Product heterogeneity and patient safety
- Incorporation of enabling technologies into high value manufacturing strategies
The Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) field is a key area within the protein and antibody engineering industry which is supported by our highly specific, stable linker technology.
Similarly, the move to follow-on biologics (Biobetters) in the therapeutic environment and improved pharmacokinetics are underpinned by stable, substitutable glycan structures.
Based on over a decade of research, our technology platforms deliver a wide range of benefits to provide a solution for the efficient and cost effective development and manufacture of new efficacious and safe biologics that improve half-life and optimize bio-availability:
- Increased bandwidth in product design
- Highly specific and stable chemistries
- Robust, reproducible platform
- Potential to improve product safety and efficacy